Contract Basic Terms
Before you choose to hire any remodeling contractor in Chicago, you should understand the ins and outs of your remodeling contract. Educating yourself on the types of common terms that are included in remodeling contracts can prove helpful. Below, we have provided a few standard terms that reputable contractors often include in their contracts for roofing, siding, and gutters. If you have any questions about the terms of your contact with C&S Remodeling, please contact us right away. A helpful member of our team would be happy to speak with you to ensure you understand all aspects of your contract and that you are comfortable with its terms.
Basic Remodeling Contract Terms
All remodeling contracts should include the following:
- The contractor’s full name, address, and telephone number. Illinois law requires that persons selling home repair and improvement services provide their customers with notice of any change to their business name or address that comes about prior to the agreed dates for beginning or completing the work.
- A description of the work to be performed.
- Starting and estimated completion dates.
- Total cost of work to be performed.
- Schedule and method of payment. This should include the down payment, any subsequent payments, and the final payment.
- A provision stating the grounds for termination of the contract by either party. However, the homeowner must pay the contractor for work completed. If the contractor fails to commence or complete work within the contracted time period, the homeowner may cancel the contract. Additionally, the homeowner may be entitled to a refund of any down payment or other payments made towards the work upon written demand by certified mail.
Remember, always keep a copy of the signed contract in a safe place for reference as needed.