Avoid Home Repair Fraud
If you own a home, there will come a time when you need to make certain home improvements to maintain your home’s exterior. There are many remodeling contractors in the Chicago area who have the skill to help you replace your roofing, siding, and gutters, but there is a possibility that not all of them have your best interests in mind when giving you their sales pitch. At C&S Remodeling, our mission is to complete every remodeling job correctly the first time. This is why we are a Top Rated Local® roofing company in Chicago, and we are happy to help you replace your siding and gutters as well. Contact us today to learn more about our company and the superior workmanship we provide.
Warning Signs of Home Repair Fraud
Please use extreme caution when confronted with the following warning signs of a potential scam:
- Door-to-door salespersons with no local connections who offer to do home repair work for substantially less than the market price.
- Solicitations for repair work from a company that lists only a telephone number or a post office box number to contact, particularly if it is an out-of-state company.
- Contractors who fail to provide customers references when requested.
- Persons who offer to inspect your home for free. Do not admit anyone into your home unless he or she can present authentic identification establishing his or her business status. When in doubt, do not hesitate to call the worker’s employer to verify his or her identity.
- Contractors who demand cash payment for a job or ask you to make a check payable to a person other than the owner or company name.
- Offers from a contractor to drive you to the bank to withdraw funds to pay for the work.